>Care for some vegetables with your vegetables? Well, I think technically Sweet Potato is a starch (too lazy to google it), but it’s considered a superfood (according to the book Superfood Rx, which I got from the library and didn’t read), and you can only feel good about adding more vegetables to a superfood and then stuffing your face with said ultra-super food.
This recipe is a good one to make if you’re working from home and can make it over the course of an hour or so. It doesn’t require much hands-on time, so as long as you can take several breaks from your work, it’s a cinch to throw together. It’s also really versatile, you can mix basically anything you have in your fridge in, so it’s a good choice when you find yourself without anything planned for lunch. Here’s what’s for lunch for me today:
|Oh, hey little guy!|
Twice Baked Sweet Potato
- 1 large sweet potato (or yam or regular potato)
- Scant 1/4 cup of your favorite shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar, but due to sending my husband to the grocery store, I can’t find any in the fridge. Maybe I forgot to put it on the list, or maybe it’s just really good at hiding. Today I had to resort to mozzarella)
- Approx. 1/4-1/2 cup of a mix of your favorite 3-4 chopped veggies. Today I’m using:
- Broccoli (always a good choice)
- Shredded Carrot
- Frozen Peas
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚
- Heat potato in microwave for about 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until really soft. Allow to cool until you can handle it without burning your hands off.
- Cut the potato in half, lengthwise, and scoop the potato out into a bowl, being careful to keep the skin in tact
- Mix your cheese and veggies into the potato. Scoop mixture back into the potato skins
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the top starts to brown